My 4 Favorite Recipes for Spicing Up Avocado Toast
I’m not sure about you, but I have a huge soft spot for avocado toast. It’s the perfect mix of creamy and crunchy all in one meal. Plus, it provides amazing energy and protein that supports the body for the rest of the day. It's the total package!
While I love the classic slice (you know, with wheat toast, avocado spread, and salt and pepper... yum!) It is so fun to play around with different ingredients and try new tastes. A simple sliced avocado can be transformed into the most flavorful meal with just a few additional toppings!
In case you want to try fun new avocado toasts, I have compiled four of my favorite recipes! There's some spicy, some sweet, all of them extremely yummy… No matter your taste pallet, there’s an avocado toast recipe out there for you.
Without further weight, here are my four favorite spins on the amazing avocado toast...
1. Buffalo Chicken and Avocado Toast - Inspired by Niki Achitoff-Gray's recipe on Simple Eats.
· Toast a slice of sourdough bread until it has a nice crunch
· Sear half-inch strips of chicken breast in a pan
· In a bowl, mash up half of a fresh avocado while mixing in drops of buffalo sauce
· Spread buffalo-avocado mix onto toast and top with chicken slices
· Drizzle on blue cheese dressing and eat up!
2. Avocado Caprese Grilled Cheese
· Put a couple pieces of buttered white toast into a pan to crisp up and get golden
· Stack thin slices of mozzarella to melt on one slice of bread
· While the cheese is melting, take the other slice off of the pan and put avocado spread on
· Also add tomato, arugula or basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze
· Make a sandwich out of the two slices and add back onto the pan for only a minute or two more to heat up
· Take it off and enjoy your adult grilled cheese sandwich!
3. Mayonnaise-Free Creamy Egg Salad
· Put a slice of potato bread in the toaster and hard-boil a couple of eggs
· Once eggs are done, dice up and mix into mashed avocado with added salt and red pepper flakes
· Spread onto crunchy toasted potato bread and put and get to munching!
4. Mango Salsa Avocado Toast - I fell in love with this dish after reading it on HealthNut Nutrition. It's so flavorful!
· Start with grilling a piece of multigrain toast
· Mix up a little red onion, half of a fresh mango, a few chopped cherry tomatoes, cilantro leaves and lemon juice
· Spread mashed avocado on your toast and add your mango salsa
· I follow HealthNut Nutrition’s recommendation and add some chili flakes on top before I dive in and enjoy!
What is your next avocado toast going to look like? Are you going to try one of these delicious recipes? Maybe you're inspired to come up with a creation of your own?
Want to stay up-to-date on all things Hangrygirl? Subscribe to the Hangrygirl newsletter here!